The project aims to strengthen citizen engagement and to trigger strong public pressure for a proactive investigation of corruption cases by the state anti-corruption institutions.
The key areas where ACF focuses its efforts are:
– Conducting investigations into cases of corruption and conflict of interest in high levels of government;
– Developing capacity for independent analysis of corruption cases in the country to counter corruption;
– support independent journalistic investigations of corruption cases;
– producing short video films that engage citizens and mobilize them in support of key corruption investigations;
– developing a community of anti-corruption citizen activists, independent media and investigative journalists.
One of ACF’s first investigations under the new project is the Eight Dwarfs investigation
The project will run until April 2023 with financial support from America for Bulgaria Foundation for BGN 1 358 013.