Sustainability of anti-corruption efforts
The project aims to strengthen citizen engagement and to trigger strong public pressure for a proactive investigation of corruption cases by the state anti-corruption institutions.
The key areas where ACF focuses its efforts are:
– Conducting investigations into cases of corruption and conflict of interest in high levels of government;
– Developing capacity for independent analysis of corruption cases in the country to counter corruption;
– support independent journalistic investigations of corruption cases;
– producing short video films that engage citizens and mobilize them in support of key corruption investigations;
– developing a community of anti-corruption citizen activists, independent media and investigative journalists.
One of ACF’s first investigations under the new project is the Eight Dwarfs investigation
The project will run until April 2023 with financial support from America for Bulgaria Foundation for BGN 1 358 013.
America for Bulgaria Foundation (ABF) is an independent, non-partisan and non-political American philanthropic foundation. Founded in 2008, ABF is a successor to the Bulgarian-American Enterprise Fund, an investment fund created under the SEED Ad of 1989 through the U.S. Agency for International Development
ABF assists in strengthening a vibrant market economy and the institutions of democratic society in Bulgaria, helping the country to realize its full potential as a successful, modern European nation. The philanthropic aid provided by ABF builds on the legacy of goodwill and friendship that exists between the American and Bulgarian people. For more information, please visit: www.us4bg.org.